Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Over the River and Through.... Atlanta

This was my Tuesday morning commute. If any of you follow me on Twitter you would read my frequent comments regarding traffic in this crazzy city. Well today it was just at a whole other madness level. I had physical therapy this morning so I was up early getting ready and watching the news when the Breaking Traffic Alert comes on saying that 285-Eastbound was SHUT DOWN. Not heavy traffic or one lane blocked but dunzo, nada, zippo traffic moving. And to top it all off the portion where it was closed where exactly where I needed to be going for PT. Normally if I was just going to work I could have re-routed. So handy dandy new GPS and I wound our way around Greater Atlanta (seriously) to get to PT and then again to get to work. What is normally a 24 mile commute was more like 40+ miles today. All because a teenager in the middle of the night decided to go the wrong way down the interstate and of all things runs into a butter truck! Hello explosive!





When you live in this crazy city and traffic is already a nightmare this just makes a good morning go south real quick. However I must say I am super proud of myself for 1. not getting lost 2. not calling my husband crazy freaking out and 3. Figuring out how in the hell to avoid that cluster of a mess without saying 5+ curse words.

A mimosa would have been nice(maybe 2)
 I dont think work would have appreciated that
 but I seem to be the only one who lives a million miles away from the office....
Maybe I have some things to think about regarding that situation (thats a whole other post)

Happy Tuesday!

PS Bachelor last night anyone?!?! Michelle is C-R-A-Z-Y! At least she got the last rose!


10 comments:

  1. Girl. You are a stronger person than me. I would have deff freaked out and cussed out handy dandy GPS ha ha. You definately deserve a mimosa or two when you get home tonight for going through of all that. If my vote counts! Hope you have a good rest of your tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been in a panic. You deserve a mimosa!!! Hope your day gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skip out early from work and have an afternoon cocktail!
    Michelle is crazy and I don't know why Brad can't see that! She is NUTS! I really fear she'll make it to the final two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't know how you handle all that traffic mess. I drive a good bit going to work and then to the gym - but that traffic isn't bad - just a lot of miles. I would go CRAZY in stop and go traffic all day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, a drink is in order for all the traffic you had to deal with! Also, Michelle just gets crazier and crazier... :) YAY for 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A butter truck, explosive? Wow, that is nuts. I usually handle things like that pretty well though, I like to drive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could not deal with Atlanta traffic. My sister lives there so I visit every once in a while and it is just awful! Paula Deen must be devasted about the butter truck...

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOOD GRIEF! Traffic is the worst, but I don't think I've ever seen it that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lived south of Atlanta in Peachtree City for a year after college----and I totally agree ATL traffic is TERRIBLE!

    Oh, and Michelle totally CRAZY! I'm pretty sure the producers are keeping her around for the drama!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness I am all too familiar with Atlanta traffic and I am certain that I could not deal with it day in and day out. You must be a saint! I totally agree with what the lady above posted about Michelle on the Bachelor! Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails