Well I guess it's time to explain myself. For the past several months I've hinted at my life needing... well some change. I was happy with a lot of aspects of my life and unhappy with a lot of aspects in my life. I finally decided me and only me could make this change. I owed it to myself, my husband, my family and even my sweet friends who constantly are soo supportive to make a change. So it began...
The job hunt. Yes... the most difficult, zero results, frustrating hunt known to man kind. At least in Atlanta with a 9.3% unemployment rate, zero connections and I know little about the city. So it began. Qualifications:
*Shorter commute (currently I'm at 2-3 hours a day)
*Something semi related to my career path/ goals (marketing, PR, events, coordination, etc)
*Something I could actually enjoy, fully dive into and gain something in return
*Different environment- maybe younger, not so corporate stuffy
*Different hours- I would like to see my husband more than 15 minutes a day (literally)
Sooo off it went.... after 200+ emails, applications, deperation within the past few months the good Lord has shown me HIS timing verus MY timing and....
I wish I could explain in words the relief, the joy, the lack of stress and the happiness I have about all of this. My last day at my job now is June 17th. I decided to take 2 weeks off to just relax, get a LOT of things accomplished and regroup before starting the new job July 5th.
It was a LOT of work, tears, stress and heartache. It wasn't easy. But it wasn't up to me. It wasn't my plan or my choice but God knew what I needed, what I wanted and what was best for our lives right now. There was no celebration, no how proud we are of you, no nothing.... Just me myself and I trying to make something of a career for myself. Trying to support hubs through school and trying to live out life through the Lord.






That's exciting news! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome news!! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! So hard and scary to find a new job, but so awesome once you got it! Hope the commute is better. (I used to do 2-3 hours a day in ATL and it was killing me, literally)
ReplyDeleteYAY! Congrats on the new job! Go you! What an accomplishment girl! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! That is awesome!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! So exciting! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I can't wait to hear all about it. God IS Good!
ReplyDeletePraise Him! Such wonderful news! I am so happy for you! What will you be doing?!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I so needed to read this today! I feel like sometimes I try to take control of my life, but really I should just wait on the Lord's timing! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the exciting news!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS! That is such a blessing and so well deserved.
ReplyDeleteFor a side note, I was thinking it was you bought a house...:P
I am so happy for you! I know how tough this has been on you (that commute would have killed me a long time ago) but I know this is where you're supposed to be! Yay!!! Can't wait to hear details :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats girl! I'm going through the 'frustration' side myself right now and glad to see you made it to the other side!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm so glad you've found a job that you love!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I came over from Simply Smithwick, since you were listed as one of her must reads! Love your blog! I'm your newest follower :)
ReplyDelete