Wow- feels like forever since I have been on here. Well I guess it has when you normally post at least once a day. Things in my life have been crazy lately. First of all whose life ISN'T crazy during the holiday season?! It's constant shopping wrapping sitting in traffic checking the bank account and repeat. I love the holly not so always jolly season but goodness January peacefulness can be a warm welcoming as well.
Soo then... on top of this craziness.... I decide to fall! YES bust my tail kinda FALL! I was in the parking lot heading out for lunch just bopping along texting not paying attention and WAM! Guess who falls flat on their front?! YEP THATS ME! Beyond being super embarrassed I was in pain. I kinda thought to myself "Self, of course your in pain, no big deal it will get bettr" Then I felt like my shoulder wasn't exactly hanging right... It just felt slumpy. So I fight through it until I wise up and realize something is wrong, go to the orthopedic doctor who tells me good news is I didn't break anything, bad news is I probably tore my Pectoralis (peck) muscle that runs in the front of my shoulder and under my arm. You want to talk about pain- this is PAIN! 4 weeks in a sling- no movement, hurts like utter HELL and I'm miserable. GREAT! HAPPY JOLLY HOLLY HOLIDAYS to me. Soo this is partial to why I'm in pain and not blogging much. Glad you understand.
Now on to something that truly matters. So at work everyday we send out prayer request for things going on with people in the company. One guy sent one regarding a homeless man that he has been working with in the area. My heart immediately attaches and all I want to know is how I can help. Obvious immediate needs come into play first but here is where I have struggled... you know how they say how do you get someone who has everything something? Well how do you even begin to get someone something who has NOTHING. I know that sounds weird but it's true. They don't have a microwave to warm food, or a can opener to open the food. Its endless. And my heart just breaks- because I want to give him everything. Every person deserves a Christmas tree and a warm shower. Prisoners who molest children get a hot shower why should this man who lost everything and served in our military get nothing? So it has really hit my heart. I thought I would reach out to people in my department to help- I work with a great group. I got 3- yes 3 responses. That really has hurt me because every single one of us is so blessed beyond measure yet only THREE people can manage a few dollars to help a man than sleeps in the woods in 20 degree weather?! I finally broke down tonight- hence the blog. I'm sorry this isnt fuzzy and warm and Christmas cheer but its my outlet and my source of thinking through this. I want to help this man, I want to help the world. But I have to provide for my own house and my own husband as well. Why God has blessed me I will ever know, why me over the next person I have no idea. But I truly feel that I was put on this earth to give back. And one step at a time I will.
Hope you are all doing well!! I still read all the blogs. Just a bit hard to type! :)




I'm really sorry you didn't receive my "yes" responses. It's so generous of you to want to give back and I'm sure whatever you decide on he will truly be grateful!
ReplyDeleteYikes, about your fall! Those are the worst, the ones where you hope nobody saw. :) Is the only thing that can be done is be in a sling for 4 weeks? :(
I'm so sorry about your fall! That does not sound like fun and I hope you'll be feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteI understand about helping and giving back. I think it hits hardest around the holidays because we see everyone buying tons of things, when we could be giving things to people who need them.
I hope that you start feeling better soon! I know that the sling is not the most fun thing to have to wear for the holidays.
ReplyDeleteFeel better, I know a sling can be pretty annoying!
ReplyDeleteI feel your heart about the homeless man. It is difficult to watch people you know are blessed ignore and continue walking and refuse to help when you know they are capabale of it.
Sorry to hear about your fall! Hope it starts to feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it so humbling to hear stories like this...I always wonder why I was blesed the way that I am!
How I wish you start feeling well soon... Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteSherman Unkefer