Wednesday, January 5, 2011

All My Decorations are Gone.... now what?!

Does anyone else have this issue?! Its like what did my house look like before all the fall decor came out followed by the Christmas decor which is now followed by...well.... nada. It feels so bare in my house. What kind of centerpiece can I make that represents January and February?! Anyone got anything because I got nothin'

It really makes me wonder what my house looked like BEFORE the holidays. Now onto my new obsession- house, decorating blogs. Well I say new- it's not new. Maybe I should use envy. Envy because although we HAVE a house we don't well exactly own it. Which causes a small glitch when it comes to painting ripping up landscaping, knocking down walls- you get the point. I CANNOT let me repeat ABSOLUTELY CANNOT wait to have our own house that I can just truly pick apart and love and do whatever the heck I want to do.... 2 years! (Right hubby)

Right now I'm on this stripe thing- let me explain. I love the subtle stripes. I think it just brightens up a room from the normal BLAH paint. Its soo stinkin cute! I am in love and just you wait- I (we, hubby) will be a striping fool come my time of house ownership!



How freaking adorbale is this? I found her blog the other day and I have been obsessed ever since. She has the cutest ideas.
Her kitchen is soo simple and open
(Please note the cofee filter wreath she has- at least I have that going for me)
Ohh and this chalk board she has hanging on the right side if officially added to my to-do list

And my final obsession at the moment:



Decor Chick

This is all fake wainscoating. She simply just did the chair rail and the boxes and painted the rest?! How stinkin adorable. Oh and not to mention this office was their old dining room that never got used so walaa office! How practical!
Thats all for now!

And in case your wondering- NO i did not win the Mega Millions Jackpot last night. Or this blog post might have been a BIT different :)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the blogs.
    Why don't you work on a Valentines wreath? Add some color... Spring will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem... breaks my heart when Christmas is over, each and every time. Love the stripes as well! Hubby isn't fond of them though so that kinda prevents me from stripin' away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! My mom just took down Christmas stuff and put up Spring stuff and I was thinking it is not spring! I think valentine's day or winter stuff might be ok for jan. and feb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm your newest follower. I think your blog is super cute! My Husband is also a Vol, but I am a Bulldog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stripes and this is really making me want to re-decorate or decorate some rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the Decor Chick! My house fills so empty without my Christmas things! Now I'm going to just focus on finishing my home decor!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails