Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Top Two Tueasday...


Top 2 things youve learned from your parents or grandparents 

I am loving this Top Two Tuesday this week. How blessed are we do have such amazing knowledge and influences in people like parents and grandparents. I am blessed with a great set of both!

1. My dad has always taught me, as odd it might sound, to have a sense of humor on life. Let me explain- I am one of those take it to heart kind of people. Anything said, especially from someone I care about, in a negative or bad way I take it really deep to heart. My dad is a great exaple, he will say a smart ass comment about something I've done or about hubs- in a completely joking way- and I take it as if he isn't happy with me or he is disappointed. I have found to be able to face life, in gerenal, with humility and not take everything so seriously can really prove more happiness in my life.



2. My grandparents have always taught and shown me through their means of living to live as frugally as possible. My grandparents spend nothing  besides the bare essentials in life. My grandfather is probably the cheapest person I know. But in a good way. I think from living through the depression and my grandfather in the war it has just shaped them to not live beyond or even to the fullest of their means. I truly think that is how we all should live and seeing through them their wisdom and knowledge excites me for everything I have to learn from them and for myself in this thing called life!

They have also taught me so much about love. The way my grandpa takes care of my grandmother is absolutely incredible. He does all the cooking, cleaning, shopping, banking, you name it he does it! He allows my grandma to worry about nothing and completely takes care and watches over her. That is true love. That is true dedication and the true meaning of the vows we all take- for better and for worse, in sickness and in health.





6 comments:

  1. These are great! My in-law's swear by joking with their children. :) They wanted them to grow up so they could handle things in life! It took me a little time to get used to it, but they don't mean any harm. Kind of like your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last picture is too sweet! makes me want to cry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just brought tears to my eyes. My granfather used to take such great care of my grandmothere. They really do honor the vows of "for sickness and in health". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post and my grandparents taught us to always leave within our means and they are as frugal as your grandparents! I am loving your blog, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comments about your grandparents just brought tears to my eyes. My grandpa was the same way with my grandma. He did everything for her and in the last year of his life we tried to teach her how to things as simple as getting gas. But she ended up getting sick and passing away two years ago this May and my grandpa passed away four and half months later. We decided he knew she couldn't live without him, so he waited for her to go. Both my grandparents showed us great lessons in love. Awe, sorry. Anyway that is a great lesson in love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails