Happy Friday!! It is absolutely amazing here in Atlanta today- 80 sunny and perfect. Too bad I can't be outside sun bathing :(
Well surgery went well for the most part. Here is the rundown:
hubby and I got up around 4:45 Tuesday morning. I was a nervous wreck. I listened to worship music the whole way there trying to calm myself down a little bit.
As soon as we got there and I got back in the prep area I think the nurses could tell I was anxious as hell so they got my IV up and pumping asap and gave me some of the good stuff chillaxing medicine. After what seemed like forever they finally let hubs back there with me. I needed him there to chill me out badly. Then came the fun news- I had to have a shot in my neck to start the nerve block-
I have a feeling from the size of my eyeballs when they told me this it triggered another round of happy medicine and I was good to go. I don't remember much- besides being wheeled into the surgery room, looking over and seeing the table with all the "instruments" saying something to the effect of oh my dear God and next thing ya know there came the oxygen mask and nighty tight I went!
Coming out of surgery was a whole different ballgame.... and not a good one. I guess I woke up just uncomfortable or not really aware of what was going on and well needless to say....the scene began. I was so freaking cold my entire body was seriously shaking I couldn't stop. Then I guess I wanted Jeremy to be there with me and they wouldn't let him yet so I was upset about that and yea... 3 or 4 nurses later, an entire machine they hooked in my bed to warm my body and my doctor to probably add some more shut the hell up meds calming meds I was back asleep and then home before I knew it. Ooppps :)
Daddy came Tuesday afternoon which was just amazing. I can't say enough, he has such a calmness on me and it was just nice to spend time me and him while Jerm was at work and class the next day. I really don't know the last time daddy and I just had me and him time together. It really helped. We got out Wednesday and he drove me around just so I could get some fresh air- and not go stir crazy. Since then its been a lot of the same- sleepless nights, naps, feeling like Im constantly loopy, drunk, out of it, whatever you would like to call it! I have my grouchy moments, love getting my sponge bath (its the little things), and oh yea on episode 23 of Say Yes to the Dress.
As I type this now I feel soo out of it... it takes extreme focus here so no judging. Hoping to go back to work on Monday but we will see. Everything is such a process with this ginormous sling of thing. If I muster up enough energy to put on some makeup Ill take a picture :) It looks something like this- but a LOT bigger
Have a wonderful weekend!!





I'm glad surgery is over, I totally understand the anxiety that comes with it, Im the same way with surgeries!!
ReplyDeleteFeel better soon!
I am glad everything went well!! M had shoulder surgery last year, luckily laproscopic, which made the healing time quicker!! He also got the nerve block. You'll be back to your good old self in no time!! Wishing you a quick recovery!! M was in his sling for what seemed to be forever, but now his shoulder is great... well worth it! Don't over do it!! Take care!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad everything went well. Enjoy this time and try to relax as much as you can! I'll be thinking about you.
ReplyDelete