Happy Monday... Well not to happy, but it's Monday. This weekend seemed to go by extra quickly and well I don't feel like I got to enjoy and relax like I like to :)
Friday night was SUPER exciting.... frozen pizza, 1 episode of Say Yes to the Dress and I was OUT like a light by 8:30 on the couch... oopppss.
Saturday I managed to sleep until 10:30... 1. I never do that, 2. that is 14 hours of sleep... must have needed it. Anywho, finally managed to get my laziness out of bed to a beautiful day in Georgia! I absolutely love how much hubs and I are alike when it comes to weekend plans... We went to Lowe's... our favorite warm weather get-away (locally that is) and loaded up on house stuff! The Hot Dog guy was even there which makes my day... but seriously... heaven... spring flowers...
Here is what we ended up with:
Home sweet home
Outside the front door-I wanted something bright
So cute :)
We have had this for several years- it my spike plant I nurture... He lives inside in the winter and has a twin brother! Reminds of a palm tree
This was my Valentines "flowers" instead of one's that died hubby got me this guy! Love him!
More pics to come once we get everything in it's home... we ran out of fertilizer last night... ooopps!
We also took on a new project.... Hubby's great grandpa used to make birdhouses... lots of them. And now they are floating around in the family. Since we have a massive backyard and lots of birds we requested one. It needed some work... so we repainted the whole thing. Its still needing some touch ups... but here it is as of now.... and yes, orange and white... GO VOLS!
Here are my sweet baby girls this weekend... they LOVED the sunshine and us being outside with them all day... Bailee thinks she is in trouble for some reason when i take a picture of her...(notice the ears)
And my DIVA Grace refuses to look at the camera... so you get her side view!
Saturday night we grilled a ton of meat outside since it was soo wonderful... makes for great leftovers throughout the week! Well... ok.... soo umm Saturday night we were supposed to go to a friends Birthday dinner with a bunch of other people. Yall... don't ask me how but we completely forgot. Like didn't even think about it until Sunday night when i opened my planner and saw it there. I feel soo terrible... anyone else do things like that?! Ugghh...
Sunday was church and followed my "blate", I was soo anxious to say the least. Julie was sooo sweet and we chatted up a storm over lunch at Bahama Breeze.... excellent! I had never been soo it was a fun treat for me. I am soo excited to not only have found a new friend but I swear her and I are soo much alike!
I've looked cuter in my day... but when you have one arm to get ready with you would understand too!!
We are already planning our double "blate" now with the hubbys soon!!
After a wonderful lunch with Julie I headed home to relax on the deck, get some sun, drink some wine and read my book.... instead hubby had other plans. He decided to work on his brakes, mess up the brakes, and we proceeded to have to fix the breaks for the next 2 hours. And by "we" don't get any ideas of me getting dirty and gross under a car... I was the break pumper trying to get the air out of the lines... (whatever the hell that means).... Anywho... I managed to stay super calm(surprising) since hubby was a cussing mess... all is well... minus my Sunday relaxing... I forgave him... after he poured me several glasses of wine and helped with dinner later!
Today was my first day of getting ready by myself for work. Hubs started his new semester... and to say the least it was miserable. I was seriously pukey all morning from the pain of the process of this stupid shoulder. It's not easy.... I am proud of myself... probably should have planned better last night but honestly didn't even think about it until I woke up, in bed, alone, with no husband this morning... that's when the ohh #)*&% how am i going to do this began! Hmmpphhh
Eventful weekend I tell you... well in the life of a married couple living in foreign Georgia that is!
The End!!




Sounds like a GREAT weekend!!
ReplyDeleteGirl. Okay your flowers are so beautiful! Your weekend sounds very low key but amazing. Dogs are sooo cute , loving the side view haha! Glad you had so much fun on your "blate!" :) and made it out and survived getting up and dressing yourself in the morning by yourself without hubs there! I'll pray things will go better tomorrow :) Have a great rest of the day!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! Haha I've totally forgotten about plans until the day after. It happens. :) I'm so jealous of your blate! I can't wait to meet a blog friend sometime. I love your flowers! I can't wait to get some for our backyard and patio.
ReplyDeleteI'm still thinking about that coconut shrimp, my new obsession! It was so much fun...can't wait for the hubbies to meet! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great day! So glad you met a new friend...how fun!
ReplyDeleteHope the shoulder starts to feel better...you are being a lot stronger that I ever could!
I had to laugh at the get the air out of the lines comment hah! I would have no clue what was going on either!
I love celosia, it always look so good!
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are lovely and so are you!
ReplyDelete