Wednesday, May 11, 2011

That thing called life....



Soo its been forever since my last blog. Forgive me... lots going on in my world and blogging just hasnt been at the top of the charts lately. We have been sooo busy... Short and sweet recap:

This past friday one of my bestest got engaged... she was completely shocked and it was absolutely P-E-R-F-E-C-T!! Her now fiance did such an amazing job. Now the countdown begins...


Saturday was BUSY! We didn't get home until 2 am (which is LATE in old married world :) )Then it was up early for a hair appointment, cleaning, cooking and driving myself nuts until the party got underway. The cookout was a huge success and too much fun was had. We  WILL be doing that again... maybe just someone else hosting :)


Once Sunday came around hubby and I were exhausted. It was church, followed by a 2 hour nap and a lazy day of nothing and watching a movie...Speaking of movie. We watched Unstoppable... about the train. Best movie I have seen in a while. Not all the romance side story BS just good action movie

I fele this week has been long slow and I can't seem to feel rested. I need a good solid 12 hour sleep night... anyone else ever get like that?!

Soo this brings us to yesterday. And my verse up top.... I truly believe God never lets us get too comfortable in life. We have to continue to give thanks, depend on  Him and rely on our faith. Yesterday I hit a brick wall... and hard.

My grandpa has been sick... he ha NEVER been sick and always in perfect health so this has been hard really coming to grips with this. He is always so strong... so to see him struggle absolutely tears me apart. He has A CAT scan today to hopefully determine what is wrong... it truly is the hardest thing to even think about losing someone you love that much. I cried at least 4 or 5 time yesterday even at the smallest thing.... Watching TV and they show a funeral...bam.... grandpa on comercial...bam!! UGH. On top of all of that I have hinted a lot at some personal changes... NO its not Preggo! And I still cant quite discuss, but yesterday was just a BIG set back, I had my hopes up, I was excited and I got slammed back to the ground. Back to square one. Back to the trenches. Back to the miserableness of it all.



Isn't life funny sometimes... it goes from easy, to perfect, to overjoyed, to the lowest of lows and hardest of hard.
This weekend we will be in Nashville for Steeplechase- I think this will be good to get my mind off of everything. To sit back relax and enjoy with friends. I cannot wait!! We are also going to see my grandparents and spend some time with them. Time is so valuable and it sucks that we have to experience things like this to make us realize that .


So sorry this isnt the cheeriest of posts. Life is tough sometimes. I know you all go through it too... Here is to another day, another chance and another day living in God's plan not mine :)

6 comments:

  1. I totally understand about hitting a brick wall, I'm feeling like I keep hitting one every day now for the last month! I'm sorry to hear about your Gpa, I'll keep him in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your grandpa. I totally know what it's like hitting a brick wall. Prayers, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl, I'm praying for you and your grandpa. I certainly have been there and completely understand. On flip side, im thrilled the cook out was a success, a bestie of yours is engaged, and your getting to go to your "home sweet home" for a weekend. It will be just what the doctor ordered im sure :) I'm always here if you need anything at all!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending up a prayer for your grandfather's health and for YOU and what you are going through. Maybe a trip home is just what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right...life is such a rollercoaster of emotions. Hoping and praying your grandpa gets good news and starts feeling better soon. It's so hard seeing grandparents suffering and in pain.

    I hope whatever personal issues you are having are resolved soon! Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be praying for your grandpa! It's not easy going through that. I'm sorry that life took a turn that you weren't expecting. Such is life, right? Not always fun, but maybe it's the Lord's plan and for the better. I have to believe that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails