Happy Thursday! We are almost there!! Ready for another wonderfully fall weekend! So please of please let me tell you this wonderful little story that happened last night and then we will jump in to day 4! So last night when I got home hubby and I were talking as I was opening the windows in our bedroom since the weather has been so nice (and we dont have to turn on the air =$$ in the checking account NOT the electric company) mmmkkk soo our house is an older house that was redone- with the exception of a few grumpy windows that are a bit difficult to get open. So clumsy me (as usual) was talking away trying to push the window open when that $#@* thing went FLYING up and my finger (middle finger mind you) was crushed within it. At first I truly believed it took off part of my finger or broke the whole thing. It has been a LONG time since I have experienced that much pain- over a stupid finger and stubborn window! Anywho, hubby went in to what he does best- Doctor mode! So I spent the rest of the night with my finger in ice water, drinking 1 extra glass of wine and saying not nice words every time it started throbbing! Currently it's still really swollen black and not moving very well! *typing with 9 fingers instead of 10 is also a challenge! Anywho- another typical day in the wonderful world of me. My dad laughed at me when I told him and once hubby felt safe that I wouldn't smack him he did too.... hmmpphhh! No sympathy here!
OK- So My Family....(my family is small so we are just going to cover the whole gang instead of breaking it up and getting sappy again) Well we touched on this yesterday with good ole' daddy! But here is the rundown of the rest of the gang:
Parents- Andy and Susan
They got divorced when I was 3
Step mom- Cindy- married my dad when I was 4
She had 2 children Anna and Sam (my step brother and sister)- Neither of them are married although my brother could pop the question ANYDAY now and I would be super excited! Emily (his gf) is pretty much as close to family as it gets!
Step dad- Mike. He married my mom when I was 4 as well (geez what a busy year for me). He did not have any children and they never had any more so its just ME :)
Grandparents: Bud and Shirley (GREAT old people names)- Those are my dad's parents. I am SUPER close to them. They mean the absolute word to me.
I have 1 aunt (my dads sister) 1 cousin (she is 1 month older than me) 2 great aunts and yea my family is pretty small! The Putman family (mentioned above) is really close. We all get togehter every holiday and even though we are small its always so special!
**I would LOVE to share pictures but blogger is being a pain in the butt on uploading pictures! Soo there you have it- super exciting post, no pictures, small imediate family! Happy Thursday! WAHOOOO almost Friday, which is almost the weekend, which is :) time (barring this finger quits throbbing in pain and I can function)




EEEK! Sorry about the finger girl, yuck!
ReplyDeleteLove the run down on your fam ;)
Oh, that sounds awful! I hope it starts to feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteSorry about your finger. I know that extra glass of wine helped! :) My grandma's name was Shirley. I love the old people's names. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope your finger gets better soon. I know that had to hurt so bad. I think that it is great that your parents are so understanding. I hope to be that type of parent!
ReplyDeletei hope your finger gets better - it sounds painful!
ReplyDeletei think having a smaller closer family would be ideal - you are probably all so close! i feel like my family is huge and there is always someone who isn't able to make it to a holiday function!
Sure hope that finger feels better soon! Sounds lika BIG ouch!
ReplyDeleteHope your finger heals quickly!
ReplyDelete