Tuesday, November 30, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge- Least Favorites


So I feel like I am going to sounds like McGrouchy the Grinch Grouch but there certainly a few things that really GET me around the holiday season

{ONE} As I have touched on before now that hubs and I are married its extremely (an understatement) difficult trying to figure out how we are spending the holiadys. My family is a straight 2 hours up the interstate from us, his family is west Tennessee like 3 hours from mine and its a bit of a pickle to get to (or maybe its just me). And then my mom and step dad live in Ohio which requires flying and is just never easy to get to get up there and just creates issues. We want to spend time with everyone and of course your always partial to wanting more time with your family and its just *(%^$# NOT FUN! Once something (GOD FORBID THE DAY) happens to my grandparents and we dont have to have the formal holiday jazz I SWEAR hubs and I are just going to go on a vacation and say see ya all later one holiday!

{TWO} My next least favorite is the financial part of all this jazz. I LOVE nothing more than buying presents for everyone. It just makes me so happy. But it also scares the living *(%^% out of me when the bill comes in for everything. As I mentioned before I am the only income right now as hubs is in school right now. And although he is so wonderful and helpful as he can be when it comes to buying presents its kinda on me. This is going to be evaluated for next year... because I'm getting an ulcer just thinking about it now

{TREE} TRAFFIC and CLUSTER!! As if I don't already a large HATE HATE relationship with traffic in this darn city the holiday tis the season doesn't help. People already can't drive... add a load of presents and not knowing where you want to go... I'll stay home with my glass of wine! Online shopping here I come :)


See why I said McGrouchy Grinch McGrouch?! I really do love the holidays I promise! I just tend to overstress sometimes :)

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, the dividing of holidays. That was always the worst. I was greedy and wanted to spend every Christmas Eve with my family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am worried about dividing the holidays up too! I do not want to break all of the traditions that I have with my family but I want to be considerate of his family too :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are pains! I dread the credit card bill and it comes Christmas Eve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate spending sooo much money this time of year! Next year, I am going to get smarter and start a Christmas Club account so I don't have to use my paychecks from Nov and Dec just for gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails