Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Top Two Tuesday- Cleaning Tips


 
Over at Taylor's Top Two Tuesday it's favorite cleaning/ organization tips. I am a big one when it comes to things being neat and tidy. My husband is worse than me...soo here are some of our tricks

{ONE} Hubs has implemented the colored tubs concept. Seems simple enough but it REALLY helps when we are trying to find certain decorations- we know the red and green are Christmas and so forth. He also labels the bins because if your anything like me with a million decorations you don't want to be ripping through it all just to find the bows! This has been just amazing for us!

{TWO} I/ We try to constantly stay on top of the cleaning. I can't just let everything go and clean once a week. Normally one day we will dust or if I see furbabies hair on the wood floor I will vacuum. Dishes are constantly in the dishwasher NOT the sink *that drives me nuts*! We try to just keep everything a constant production of keeping the house neat and clean- well really so I don't have an OCD panic attack. Great example- one night I go to bed and don't fold the blanket back up on the couch, or fix the pillows on the couch, I maybe didn't put my wine glass away or take my shoes upstairs- the next morning as I'm already rushing around for work I see this cluster of a mess in my living room and what do you know I'm late for work because I'm picking up my mess from the night before! OCD a bit much?! YES I KNOW




5 comments:

  1. Not a fan of dishes in the sink either. As odd as it is, I feel that my kitchen is "clean" if my sink is empty. lol

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the idea of colored tubs! Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the colored totes and we love them. I get mine from Target after the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way about cleaning! I must clean up before bed and dishes every where drives me NUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I HATE dishes in the sink too! That is what the dishwasher is for! Robbie will put like just a fork in the sink and I'm like what the heck?! Why wouldn't it be just as easy to put that in the dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails